Friday, May 3, 2013

Barbara Kruger responds to Supreme lawsuit

So... Supreme has a lawsuit against Married to the Mob's "Supreme Bitch."  Yet, Supreme hasn't made any statements in regards to their logo "borrowing" from famous artist, Barbara Kruger.  Kruger is known for iconic red box-white logo artwork.  The most iconic piece is the "I Shop therefore I Am."

So, it's ironic that Supreme's lawsuit falls right into Kruger's politcal commentary. The artist has not mentioned any thoughts about Supreme's use of her artwork until now.  The response came in the form of a blank email with a simple attachment:
"What a ridiculous clusterfuck of uncool jokers.  I make my work about this kind of sadly foolish farce.  I am waiting for all of them to sue me for copyright infringement."

highsnobiety

No comments: